All Day

CFP CLOSING – PGCON 2022

PGCon 2022 will be held 26-27 May 2022, in Ottawa. We are now requesting proposals for presentations. We do not require academic or formal papers. If you wish to submit a formal paper, you are welcome to, but it is not required. Please follow the instructions for submitting a proposal to PGCon 2022. If you are doing something interesting with PostgreSQL, please submit a proposal. You might be one of the backend hackers or work on a PostgreSQL related project and want to share your know-how with others. You might be developing an interesting system using PostgreSQL as the foundation.

THINGS I WISH I KNEW AT THE START OF MY CAREER

The world in which IT professionals dwell is super competitive and is constantly changing. No one person possesses all the skills to do it alone. In order to be a successful IT professional for the long run, one needs to master the essential skills of partnering, teaming, and collaborating with organizational professionals from a myriad of technical and non-technical worlds and across the generational divide. Learn the secrets of successfully working with others from a veteran IT professional, who started as a Tech-Intern, and who eventually became the President of OATUG. Learning Objectives: 1: Learn the power of trust and