- This event has passed.
MakeIT WEEK 2020
12 12+00:00 October 12+00:00 2020 - 13 13+00:00 October 13+00:00 2020
we’ll certainly remember this year because of the epidemic situation. We hope the worst has already gone by and that we’ll be back to normality soon. Looking optimistic for the future, and hoping that public events will be allowed in fall, we announce that the MakeIT 2020 will take place in the second week of October. Even more, we’ll have the MakeIT Week!
The conference’s main goal is to attract speakers with experiences about good practices and solution implementations from Slovenia and abroad. There will also be content for decision-makers, so this year’s conference will be named MakeIT Week.
We’ll meet in Portorose on the 12th and 13th October 2020 in the congress center Portus, and continue with webinars till the end of the week. In case circumstances dictate for different arrangements, we’ll have to adapt. Because of this, we kindly ask you to let us know whether you’re prepared to deliver your presentation in physical format in Portorose on the 12th and 13th of October when submitting the proposal. Additionally, please let us know whether you’d prefer an on-line delivery of the presentation, and whether you allow its recording.
Do you have experiences, knowledge, and good practices you’d like to share with others? If the answer is yes, we invite you to submit your abstract for this year’s MakeIt conference. With your contribution, the conference will be an event where developers, DBAs, decision-makers, and end-users, will get up to date knowledge, real-life experience, and practically useful advice from you.
MakeIT Week will cover the following topics:
- Cloud-native & DevOps (Serverless, CI, K8s, Docker, Prometheus, Istio, …)
- Java (JakartaEE, Microprofile, Spring, …)
- Database (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Cassandra, …)
- Database Development (APEX, PL/SQL, …)
- Data Analytics (Big Data, BI, DWH)
- Innovative Solutions (IoT, AI, Blockchain, Smart Cities, Smart Roads, Smart …)
- Security & Infrastructure (Cybersecurity, GDPR, Identity management, …)
- Customer references and testimonies
- Methodologies and culture