- This event has passed.
Oracle Data Safe Workshop
August 11 @ 10:30 - 17:30
Oracle Data Safe helps organizations to accelerate Cloud adoption, achieve data privacy and compliance by discovering, classifying, and masking sensitive data. It also helps organizations establish IT internal controls for their database infrastructure in the cloud. Audit information is consolidated from multiple sources and alerts/reports are generated to meet security and regulatory requirements.
Data Masking helps to anonymize personal data so that the data can be safely shared with the developers, testers, partners, and other third parties.
This Oracle technical workshop is FREE for Oracle System Integrator, ISV, VAR and Platform Partners. Learn directly from Oracle Database Product Management and discover the features of Data Safe and use them to manage security features in an Autonomous Database.
DBA experience with Oracle Database 11g through 19c.
Participants must bring their own laptop with the following:
- Intel Core i5 Laptop with 8GB Memory, 1GB Free Hard Disk Space
- Windows 7 (or later) 64-bit or Macbook 64-bit
To complete this lab, you need to have the following:
- Login credentials and a tenancy name for the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Console
- A compartment enabled with permission to create and use resources
Participants will receive access to an Oracle Cloud environment to do lab exercises.
Lab 1 : Provision an ATP-S instance and import data
- In this lab, you will provision an Autonomous Database instance and import demo data, including sensitive data (e.g. credit card numbers)
Lab 2 : Register this ATP-S instance to Data Safe
- This section will register the database with Data Safe, so that we can use Data Safe to manage security features in our database.
Lab 3 : Provision Audit and Alert Policies
- In this lab, we will explore the database auditing features provided by Data Safe.
Lab 4 : Running Security Assessments with Data Safe
- This lab will run security and user assessments with Data Safe, similar to the ones provided through the Oracle Database Security Assessment Tool.
Lab 5 : Discover and Mask Sensitive Data
- This section will allow us to discover and anonymize sensitive data in our demo database.