- This event has passed.
Oracle Database – 19c Upgrade Workshop
July 20 @ 09:00 - 16:00Free
This FREE workshop is designed to allow participants to learn about 19c and to gain practical experience in upgrading to Oracle database 19c. It includes an introduction and overview of 19c and then dives into the various upgrade methods and tools used to upgrade to this latest terminal release version. Included in the workshop, attendees will hands-on upgrade a database to Oracle Database 19c. For the hands-on section of the workshop, attendees can either use an Oracle supplied image with several versions of database software OR can bring their own application and database for upgrade during the workshop.
- Reasons for upgrade
- Oracle releases and patches
- Upgrade using the new Autoupgrade tool + hands-on
- Upgrade and migrate to Container databases + hands-on
- Upgrade Pluggable Databases + hands-on
- Upgrade to Autonomous Databases + hands-on
- Diagnosing and ensuring performance
- New interesting features for DBAs
During the workshop, attendees can either use an Oracle supplied image with several versions of database software orcan bring their own application and database for upgrade during the workshop.
When bringing your own environment:
- It has to be a working environment (both application and database with test data)
- Oracle needs to know in advance what setup you are bringing into the workshop
- Oracle needs to have the output of scripts before the workshop starts
- Customer needs to download all software and patches needed during the upgrade
- Environment with:
- Recent browser like Chrome and Firefox
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Environment v8 of higher
- SSH client like PuTTY
- Option to connect to the Oracle clear-guest WiFi network