First of all, it’s not over! We still have great sessions going on on the Yatra Online, check them HERE!
Before going through it, for the regular grepOra readers: you know I use to make reviews about events. But this is not a simple review, is an appreciation not for the AIOUG members and organization for such a great organization and engagement.
So this post is about my participation in this year’s edition, which has ended at this point. In topics:
1) Meet & Greet with Oracle ACE/GA/JC Community Session
It was a great pleasure to be speaking about the Oracle Community Programs with my fellow colleagues and friends Biju Thomas, Liron Amitzi and Basheer Khan last Saturday!
Thank you guys and AIOUG for the partnership and for the great discussions and motivation burst!
2) Tips & Tricks from 20K+ hours DBA oncall,
Let’s say the main item of this list, my session delivered yesterday. Such a great pleasure and a marvelous audience! We feel really glad and useful when we see a lot of questions and contributions. I’d like to say a warm and personal thank you for all the about 180 who attended this session and say it was a great experience for me!
About the questions: I was able to answer 10-12 questions during the conference session, but there were more not replied. I’m awaiting the organization to send me the list of all questions and I’ll make a new blog post dedicated to it. Stay sharp!
NOTE: I big thanks to Jure Bratina for pointing out an issue with the slides (regarding /*+ GATHER_PLAN_STATISTICS */). It is fixed!
3) Interview with Jim Grisanzio (Oracle Community)
Last but not least, I just had an interview with Jim Grisanzio for the YATRA Tour Online series. I can only say it was a pleasure and an honor to talk a bit with Jim on behalf of the Oracle Community in APAC about the ACE Program, career, Community in general, and about my session on this Yatra. Have a look and leave a LIKE if you enjoyed it!
I know Yatra means “Journey”. So what a great Journey we are having with all the awesome names and sessions, from which I could attend just a few because of my shift limitations. I’m sure we’ll all meet and repeat this experience in person really soon!
In this while, I’d like to use this opportunity to thank:
- Sai Penumuru and Aishwarya Kala on behalf of the AIOUG team: Such a great event you are hosting! Congratulations on your organization, professionalism, and quality material and speakers. Well done!
- All ACE Community to allow us to be in such great events, and specifically Biju, Liron and Basheer for the good and friendly conversation on Saturday.
- Jim and the great conversation as you can see in the video above.
- Especially and mostly to the whole Indian Community for the great reception and engagement. Thank you and congratulations!
Some memories I keep from this Yatra’s edition: