Feel old yet?
Don’t worry, we all know that there are still companies using Streams. So, here goes a quick manual for a regular activity: Add a new table to replication using SYS.DBMS_STREAMS_ADM.
For this, assume the following:
STREAMS SETUP OWNER => streams_adm CAPTURE PROCESS => str_capture APPLY_PROCESS => str_apply SOURCE DATABASE TABLE OWNER => TBLOWNER TARGET DATABASE TABLE OWNER => TBLOWNER_DEST
The high level steps to add table to streams are as follows:
1. Stop streams CAPTURE
2. Create the table on the target database
3. Configure the CAPTURE process
4. Add a rule to the APPLY process
5. Instantiate the new object
6. Create constraints and indexes
7. Restart streams CAPTURE and APPLY
Let’s detail them: