Everyone test, write and show how to move pluggable databases between containers (CBDs) in the same Cluster, but a little more than a few write/show about move pluggable databases between different clusters, with isolated storage. So, let’s do that:
OBS: Just to stay easy to understand, this post is about migration of a Pluggable Database (BACENDB) from a cluster named ORAGRID12C and a Container Database named INFRACDB to the Cluster CLBBGER12, into Container CDBBGER.
(Click on images to get it bigger)
1. Access the container INFRACDB (Cluster GRID12C) and List the PDBs:
2. Shutdown BACENDB:
(of course it does’n worked with a normal shutdown. I don’t know what I was thinking… haha)
3. Unplug BACENDB (PDB) to XML (must be done from Pluggable, as you see…)
4. Created an ACFS (180G) to use as “migration area” mounted on “/migration/” in ORAGRID12C cluster:
5. Copy Datafiles and Tempfiles for the “/migration” through ASMCMD cp
6. ACFS exported and mounted as NFS on destination (CLBBGER12):
7. Pluggable created (Plugged) on new Cluster (CDBBGER), using “MOVE” FILE_NAME_CONVERT, to send the files to diskgroup +DGCDBBGER:
7.1 How it looks like on alert.log?
7.2 How about the Datafiles?
7.3 Checking database by remote sqlplus:
8. Creating the services as needed:
9. Dropping Pluggable from INFRACDB:
That’s Okey? Of course there is a few other ways to copy the files from an infra to another, like scp rather than mount.nfs, RMAN Copy, or other possibilities…
By the way, one of the restrictions of pluggable migration is to use the same endian format. Buut it’s possible to use RMAN Convert Plataform and convert datafiles to a filesystem, isn’t?
So, I guess it’s not a necessary limitation. Must to test an write another post… haha
About the post, this link helped, but, again, don’t mention about “another” cluster/infra/storage.