ORA-27054: NFS file system where the file is created or resides is not mounted with correct options

Due to ease in which we can go to the future or return to the past using Goldengate, it becomes increasingly necessary recover archives from backup, sometimes it is necessary to recover a several days.
To do it, generally we need large disk space, at this time, starts a searching for storage disks.

After finding a disk, is need to mount it, i performed with simply mount options in AIX.

Continue reading

ERROR OGG-02636 when creating a integrated extract in Goldengate 12C on a Puggable database 12C

While creating an integrated extract in Goldengate 12C on a Puggable database 12C I came across the follow error, stating that the needed catalog name is mandatory  and was not being informed.

ERROR OGG-02636 Oracle GoldenGate Capture for Oracle, ext1.prm: The TABLE specification ‘TABLE table_name’ for the source table ‘table_name’ does not include a catalog name. The database requires a catalog name.

There is two ways to solve this case: The first , besides less indicated, is to add the name of pluggable database (Catalog) before the owner name on the table maps, for example:

GGSCI (host1.net) 1> edit param ext1


Not really enjoying this solution and after searching for long hours without any other result , our friend Maiquel DC indicated a parameter that identifies the catalog name for all tables in the extract ;

Add the following parameter in extract  configuration file:

GGSCI (host1.net) 1> edit param ext1



Thats all folks.

nc -l – Starting up a fake service

Hi everyone!

Recently i have faced a situation that made me find out a very nice and useful command that helped me a lot, and i hope it comes to help you guys as well, and it’s named:


Situation: We have a replicated environment from one datacenter to another (Using Golden Gate), where the ETL happens. So basically is:

Datacenter 1 (root data)

Replicates to datacenter 2 (transforming the data)

that replicates to datacenter 3 (production itself)

In Datacenter level 2, we have a dataguard configured. So then came the question:

  • What if we need to do the switchover to the standby environments?
  • Will we gonna have everything we need properly set up for the replication?
  • How are we going to test the ports if nothing is up in there? Aren’t we gonna get “connection refused”?

Calm down! There is a very nice workaround for this.

All you need to do is install the nc command as root (if it is not installed already):

yum install nc

Then execute it as follows, on the server you wanna test:

nc -l


I wanna make sure that on the standby server the port 7809 (Golden Gate MANAGER port) is open. On the standby server you run:

nc -l 7809

Then, from a remote server, you are going to be able to connect through a simple telnet command:

telnet server.domain port


telnet standby.company.com 7809



  • Try the telnet from the remote server to the standby:

remoteserver {/home/oracle}: telnet standby.server 7809


telnet: connect to address Connection refused

  • Then we start the fake service on the standby server!

standby.server {/home/oracle}: nc -l 7809

  • And try the telnet again:

remoteserver {/home/oracle}: telnet standby.server 7809


Connected to standby.server.

Escape character is ‘^]’.




<EJB Exception in method: ejbPostCreate: java.sql.SQLException: XA error: XAResource.XAER_RMFAIL start() failed on resource 'ggds-datasource_domain': XAER_RMFAIL : Resource manager is unavailable

Some incidents that we face are expected. Usually we wait for problems when something changes in an environment.
But, some times, for no apparent reason, with no systemic alteration, we encounter errors where our first reaction is: what a f ***!?

This time we find a java exception in a standard domain for GoldenGate Director;

For months the application behaved stable and functional, until it did fails for no apparent reason;

When I saw part of the exception, “XAER_RMFAIL: Resource manager is unavailable” went straight to talk to one of the best DBAs know that Matheus Boesing, to request a check on the resource manager database, (No problem found).

… then we fall back into a BUG: 11672297 Bug: ORA-01092 MAPPED TO XAER_RMERR instead of XAER_RMFAIL – (Doc ID 1329800.1)

In version 12.1, this bug is fixed, but as a palliative solution can do the following:

Increase the value (Maximum Duration of XA Calls) in JTA configurations of weblogic domain, the default value is 12000, in my case, I adjusted to 48000;

The problem was solved, at least for now.

OGG-0352: Invalid character for character set UTF-8 was found while performing character validation of source column

Almost a month without post!
My bad, december is always a crazy time to DBAs, right?

This post’s title error happens because the charset is different between databases used on replication thought GoldenGate and occurs only with alphanumerical columns (CHAR, VARCHAR, VARCHAR2), because, even the char length be the same, the data length will be different (like I explained here). Take a look in this example:

sourcedb> select table_name,column_name,data_length,char_length from dba_tab_cols where column_name=’NAME' order by 1,2,3;
------------- --------------- ----------- -----------
TABLE_EXAMPLE NAME            25          25
destdb> select table_name,column_name,data_length,char_length from dba_tab_cols where column_name=’NAME' order by 1,2,3;

------------- --------------- ----------- -----------
TABLE_EXAMPLE NAME            100         25


There is basically two solutions:
1) Change one of those charsets.
2) Add “SOURCECHARSET PASSTHRU” clause on the replicat file.

I usually prefer the second option, just because it’s less intrusive than number 1.


See ya!