10th GUOB Tech Day!

Hello all,

I’m very happy to share about and to be part of  the next GUOB Tech Day in São Paulo-SP/Brazil on next August 10th, as part of LAOUC OTN Tour.

GUOB_PROMO

Speakers da Oracle confirmed on event:

Directly from Oracle:

• Mike Dietrich: Master Product Manager on Database Upgrade / Migration team.
  • Anil Nair: Product Manager de RAC.
  • Sandesh Rao: VP – Autonomous Database Health e Machine Learning.
  • Ricardo Gonzalez: Cloud Migration Product Manager.
  • Nirmala Sundarappa: Java/DB Product Manager.

Besides them some global references like: Franck Pachot, Gustavo Gonzalez, Rolando Carrasco.

Complete Agenda, here!

Subscribe Now!

Oh, know what? GREPORA Readers have a DISCOUNT COUPON:

Discount

Roundtable: How are Databases adapting to Cloud architectures? – THANKS!

Hi all!
I just need to thank you all for the attendance on yesterday’s Round Table event!

We had over 130 individuals in presence plus dozens following the live on YourTube. It was great to have the discussions and also to count on your questions and support.

I need also to thanks for SETREM space and support, specially Franzéli Kaspari and Prof. Valsênio Gaelzer for all the efforts on making it happen. Also for both other members of round table Simone Kosmalski, Cristiano Goelzer and Jonas Pacheco who attended physically and participated on discussions.

I’d also specially want to thank Ricardo Gonzalez for attending remotely from over 10kkm our event. Thanks Ricardo!

Hope to join you guys soon again in a second round.

Cheers!

Roundtable on “How are Databases adapting to Cloud architectures?”

Hello all!
Tomorrow we are having a Roundtable on the topic  “How are Databases adapting to Cloud architectures?”
It’s being placed at SETREM in Três de Maio/RS-Brazil, June 27th (TOMORROW) at 19:30 BRT (6:30PM EST).

Good news? We’ll have a Live Stream for this one.
And it’s on the brand new GREPORA Youtube Channel! (more to come about it here on the blog soon).
NOTE: It will be all in portuguese, so be aware. 🙂

Wait you there!
Access on youtube to make questions!

BGOUG Spring Conference 2019: Review!

Hi all,
This year I had the pleasure to be in BGOUG Spring Conference 2019 in Borovets (Bulgaria, of course) as a speaker. We had great sessions and speakers in a way I almost felt stupid to be there speaker while I could be watching other sessions… LOL

From those, my top 5:
– Oracle Hacking Session 2 – by Kamil Stawiarski
– How To Do Performance Tuning – Martin Widlake
– Test Drive Automatic Index Creation in Oracle Autonomous Database – Maria Colgan
– Deep Dive into the Implementation of Oracle’s Join Methods: Past, Present and Future – Shasank Chavan
– How to Diagnose Oracle Database Upgrade Issues – Roy Swonger

Some links:
Agenda
Sessions and Speakers
My Slides

It was 2 days of sessions on several topics of Oracle stack from people all over the globe. In between, some good timing coffees all day long allowing some great networking time as well. All very organized, well communicated and well timed.

Thank you Bulgaria for receiving me so well and the organization for such a great time and for the opportunity to be among those names.

BGOUG

See you soon!

Roundtable: How are Databases Adapting to New Cloud Architectures?

Hi all!
Stay sharp, it’s confirmed event for next 27th evening Brazilian Time. If you around Três de Maio, hope you can make it in person!
Otherwise, we are looking forward to record and share session, still evaluating streaming options and requirements.

Note Grepora is sponsoring this roundtable, so count with you all!
Oh, it will be fully in portuguese. Hope you don’t mind. 🙂

Event: Round Table: “How are Databases Adapting to New Cloud Architectures”
Date: 27/6/2019 19:30 BRT (18:30 EST) to 21:00 (20:00 EST)
Estimated Duration: 1:30 hours

We count with great names, see below:

MesaRedonda.jpeg

See you there, cheers!

Workshop: Best Practices for Oracle DB on Exadata: RUN, It’s Free!

Hey, you in Porto Alegre/Brazil!

Don’t miss this opportunity to have an official Oracle Workshop about Exadata Best Practices for Oracle Database!

This is being being promoted by GUORS in partnership with Oracle Brasil.

Draft - Convite (1)

When? June 26th from 2PM to 6PM BRT.
Where?  TecnoPUC-RS, room 206 – building 99A
Instructor: Valter Rodrigues da Oracle Brasil.

LIMITED POSITIONS: 30!

Requirements
:

1. Like GUORS Page on Facebook AND LinkedIn
2. Like Oracle University on LinkedIn
3. Like GUOB on LinkedIn
4. Bring your notebook.
5. Basic knowledge on RAC

Subscribe ASAP!